Spend a year experiencing the life of a
What is it like to be location-independent?
You will immerse yourself in an experience and answer that question over the term of this unique programme.
You can travel the world as you please with just a laptop and phone, as long as you have access to good internet service along the way. You will choose the cities / regions and countries of the world where YOU want to go and will structure your own travel and learning experience with our assistance in this semi-structured programme.
We recommend the mindset of a Slow Traveler for the best experience in this gap year. What is Slow travel?
Our programme combines technology and entrepreneurship, and incorporates learning about various countries and their economies, including the prospects for startups and social enterprises. You pick the countries, we will tailor the programme and learning for those particular geographies.
You may choose to travel in a group with friends or others that you meet through online networking. Alternatively, you may fly solo, meeting people along the way as you trot the globe.
The content of this programme will leverage our technology entrepreneurship gap year programme here. With additional added modules that focus on digital nomadism. Uniquely, you will learn and experience the following:
- Live abroad in a different country – at least one if not multiple over the course of the programme
- Learn about Digital Nomad visas and programmes of the different countries of the world
- You will choose 1 to 20 countries to learn more deeply about, especially their economies and opportunities for either new company or social enterprise creation
- Learn about working virtually, digital nomadism, traveling and working, internet access issues, VPNs, cloud software services
- Learn about local cultures and communities and immerse in them through adopting a Slow Travel mindset
- Meet other digital nomads, students, and travelers throughout the globe
- Learn to be more self-sufficient, organize your own travel plans, find coworking spaces, acquire insurance
- Learn to apply and acquire your own tourist stamps, tourist stamp extensions, and short-term visas
- Learn about different world geographies for setting up new firms and social enterprises including e-Residencies
- Learn to acquire knowledge about local laws and customs, and stay compliant in different countries and jurisdictions
- Learn a new /improve a foreign language in-person through speaking and writing with locals
We will assist you in planning and securing resources for your Digital Nomad Gap Year. Some of the areas covered are listed below:
Tourist Stamps and Visas
Depending on tourist and visa regulations, you can spend up to 6 months in some countries if you prefer. Others tend to be restricted to a 3-month visit. We can help advise you on these issues, or at least point you in the right direction for planning your Digital Nomad experience.
You will book your own accommodation, but we will guide you through the use of online travel agents and services such as AirBnB, Couchsurfing, Tripping, HomeToGo, FlipKey, OneFineStay, Vrbo, HouseTrip, WayN and others. We can also advise you on how to find hostels and other longer term stays.
You have the option of spending 4 months to a 24 month period as a Digital Nomad on our programme. We will help tailor a programme for you. You will book your own travel arrangements including flights. Again, we will help guide you in the right direction to book flights, trains and buses for your Digital Nomad excursion.
You may want to find coworking space along the way in order to work on our programme with high-speed internet access. We can help guide you in finding coworking spaces wherever you are traveling.
International Travel Insurance
We do not offer international travel insurance but do require it for our programme. We will guide you to best sources for buying it so that you are covered throughout your digital nomadic journey.
Our requirements for this programme are listed here.
Two important components we’d like to emphasize are the following:
Minimum Age Requirement
You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this Digital Nomad Gap Year Programme and enrolled at an accredited University. We accept undergraduates, postgraduates, MBA students, Law students and PhDs.
You will need a good laptop and a mobile phone to participate. We recommended upgrading before you leave home. We recommend that you also travel with a tablet as well.
Sample Digital Nomad Experience 1 (9 months, 3 countries)
- First 3 months: Country A
- Months 4 to 6: Country B
- Months 7 to 9: Country C
Sample Digital Nomad Experience 2 (12 months, 12 countries)
- Month 1: Country A
- Month 2: Country B
- Month 3: Country C
- Month 4: Country D
and so forth…
Our Tuition Fees are listed here: Tuition Fees 2020-2021. The tuition for the Digital Nomad Gap Year Programme is the same.
The cost of travel, lodging, accommodation, coworking, internet access, mobile service, insurance, hardware and software are not included in our tuition fees. These are the responsibility of Digital Nomad participant.