About the SVEC:
Our Club was launched in the summer of 2020. We seek to build a virtual community of students globally who are current university and college students at any level of study (undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, professional or postdoctoral). Our chapter has monthly meetings, guest speakers, and will develop more programming as we grow and are influenced by motivated student leaders yet to come. The SVEC is a Chapter of the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO).
Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization a 501 (c) (3) not for profit charitable corporation, founded in 1983 It supports more than 16,500 emerging collegiate entrepreneurs annually. CEO believes that any student, regardless of academic discipline, can launch a business. Through its global network of more than 250 college and university chapters, CEO supports and inspires the growth and development of any student that seeks to be entrepreneurial.
Our SVEC Chapter of CEO is student-run. We look forward to launching the Club this summer and growing it into a large and active virtual organization over the coming years. If you are interested in the potential for joining the leadership committee or becoming an officer in the Club, please contact us about this possibility as we are actively building our team now. Our Club will operate 100% virtually, and is open to any college or university student at any level, including those who are joining a university (“rising”) within the next year, or leaving a university (“first year out”). The current President, Maxim Clouser, is an undergraduate student at Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration. He is a CoFounder and Scout-Journalist at Studvent. Max can be reached at Max (at) Studvent (dot) com. The Faculty Advisor, Michael Clouser, is an academic-entrepreneur, affiliated with various universities and startup companies. He is also an alumni member of Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO); the former President of the Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club (EVCC) in the SC Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University; the former CEO of Student Agencies Incorporated (SAI) in Ithaca, New York; and the CoFounder of The Edinburgh Entrepreneurship Club (e-Club) at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. He ran the e-Club for 5 years and grew it from a base of 3 to over 800 members. Michael may be reached at Michael (at) Studvent (dot) com.
We encourage you to join our SV E-Club. We have different membership levels that can be found below:
- Undergraduate Student (Rising Freshman through “First Year Out”)
- Professional Student (MBA, Law, Medical)
- Postgraduate Student (Masters, Doctoral)
- Postdoctoral Student
Currently our SV E-Club Chapter of CEO is free to join this summer of 2020 during our launch. Joining soon will entitle you to free membership for one year!
By joining our SV E-Club, you automatically get enrolled as member in the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization CEO
Benefits of our Club – The SVEC
- Periodic contests for journalism, photography, illustration and design
- Monthly Newsletter
- Breaking alerts on new student startups
- Monthly Meetings
- Networking and connecting with other student entrepreneurs
- Mentor introductions and networking
- Writing and blogging opportunities
- Discounted registration fees for Student Ventures Events
- Access to discounted software and services from partners of Student Ventures
- Leadership opportunities
Benefits from the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Association (CEO)
- Directory access to a network of 16,500 global collegiate entrepreneurs representing 250+ universities/colleges
- CEO hosts five regional conferences and one global event featuring 65 founders, a $15,000 pitch competition, chapter development and chapter awards programming
- Access to live webinar’s and membership meetings featuring successful entrepreneurs and tips/tricks to a successful chapter
- The Collegiate Entrepreneur month-in-review delivered via e-mail
- jobs.c-e-o.org is an interactive career center that features positions posted by corporations specifically seeking collegiate entrepreneurs for internships and careers, it also offers free resume review and career coaching.
- LawCloud by iDisclose is an interactive legal solution for start-up entrepreneurs, included in your CEO membership! You can create documents necessary for running your day to day operations, create Non Disclosure agreements and access 30 other documents for free! You can even file your incorporation documents with LawCloud. To access your free subscription, click “LawCloud by iDisclose”
- Klaviyo is a high powered e-commerce tool that allows you to create e-mail marketing audiences for your chapter members and promote your events utilizing fun and interactive themes. This service is provided to CEO membership free of charge. Both chapters and individuals may use this platform.
- StartEngine is the largest equity crowdfunding site in the US. If you sign up and are accepted onto the platform, you’ll receive $1,000 of marketing credit for your campaign. Checkout a guide for Equity Crowdfunding here.
- Chapter speakers, pitch competitions, business start-up tours, teaching entrepreneurship, internships
- Acton School of Business 14 unit online entrepreneurship boot camp
- Discounted registration fees to the Global CEO Conference
- Notification of entrepreneurial challenges through the CEO social media channels
- Submit News allows chapters to notify CEO’s press outlets of notable happenings on their campus related to entrepreneurship.
- YouTube video library to include past conference speaker videos, annual membership meetings and webinars.